In addition to being of benefit to those suffering from lymphedema, the following is a list of a few problems that can be eased by lymphatic drainage:
– Edema, or swelling of certain body parts, which may be the result of traumatic injury, menstrual problems, or skin disorders.
– Skin disorders, such as acne, rosacea, eczema and seborrhea
– Metabolic problems, including fatigue, sleep disorders, chronic pain and stress
– Gastrointestinal issues, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), celiac and
– Crohn’s disease
– Rheumatology disorders, like arthritis and osteoporosis
– Neurologic problems such as migraines and vertigo
Lymphatic drainage is sometimes used for people dealing with such issues as arthritis, orthopedic injuries, knee or hip surgery, systemic sclerosis, chronic venous insufficiency, and swelling and fatigue associated with menopause. Contrary to popular belief, lymphatic drainage is beneficial to those that have no underlying health problems as a means of keeping the lymph system healthy before any problems arise. At LTS, our therapy specialists are highly trained in all the areas of lymphatic drainage to be able to help those that have any of these specific conditions that need to be addressed.